- 1 cup organic Basmati brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, large-diced
- 1 cup packed basil leaves (1 large bunch), chopped (I like more!)
Bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil and add the rice and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Return to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed. Transfer the rice to a bowl.
Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil, remaining teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Pour over the rice. Add the tomatoes and basil. Mix well and check the seasonings. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 6 Servings: 45 minutes
Recipe from Barefoot Contessa