Who doesn’t love Fettucini Alfredo?? It’s like.. the most delicious and sinful savory comfort foods that I wish wasn’t so horribly bad for you. Fettuccine Alfredo usually has about 1200 calories and over 75 g of fat per serving! When I found Taralynn’s twist on the dish, I couldn’t WAIT to try it and it came out amazing. Plus, Spaghetti Squash is an amazing alternative to pasta. Just one cup of regular spaghetti noodles has around 220 calories, 42 grams of carbs and virtually no nutrients. But one cup of Spaghetti Squash only has 30 calories, only 10g of good carbs and a ton of nutrients like Vitamin A, C, B6 and Potassium; its also filled with 2 grams of fiber that will keep you as full as a typical pasta dish!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/2 Cup Newman’s Own All Natural Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Plain Non- Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup No Salt Added Corn
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Shrimp (Tails Off)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half (lengthwise) and place face up on baking tray
- Bake spaghetti squash for 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a non-stick sauce pan, heat shrimp until half cooked.
- Turn heat to low, add: corn, Greek yogurt and Alfredo sauce.
- Stir together until creamy.
- Mix in cooked spaghetti squash!
Makes Two Servings (2.5 cups/serving)
215 Calories, 5.5 g Fat, 24 g Carbs, 5 g Fiber, 18 g Protein, 8 g Sugar
Recipe adapted from Undressed Skeleton